This past week, God reminded me of His grace and love for us.
Sometimes I get so caught up in the rat race of life that I forget the favor God shows is undeserved, and that's what makes it so beautiful.
The book He led me to was Romans chapter 5. Now, I'm not going to post the entire chapter (although I recommend you read it), but the part that stuck out the most to me was verses 6-8.
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:6-8 NIV
We didn't deserve it then, and we don't deserve it now. And yet, He still gives.
All the time. Everyday.
It's hard for me to wrap my head around it some days, and then other days I can't contain the joy and comfort that it brings.
Believing, and knowing that we serve a God whose grace is sufficient and whose love is everlasting. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV, Jeremiah 31:3 NIV)
Understanding, and accepting that His love for us is not based on our behaviors, or our accomplishments, but solely on who He is as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
His love, His faithfulness, His promises. Or how about the fact that He is not man that he should lie; that alone makes me want to dance. LOL!
I didn't plan on this being a long blog, but if you don't mind I'd like to brag on our God, and the undeserved favor that he's shown me. Now, of course this isn't everything the Lord has done. If I tried to name everything, I'd be sitting here writing until my dying day. 😂 Here's just a few things he has done that I think about often.
- He gave himself for me and loves me no matter what. It's also a bonus that he never changes.
- He restored my marriage and my husband and I's friendship.
- He healed and opened my womb and Kev and I are expecting our first son this January.
- He separated me from patterns that were detrimental to my health.
- He started me on the journey of faith in Him.
- He started me on the journey of healing from my trauma.
- He has started to change me and my heart and help me grow in him.
- He loves me everyday, when I mess up, when I don't want to pray, or spend time with Him or get in the Word. He still loves me through it. He doesn't punish me, or shame me or guilt me; He meets me right where I am everyday.
When was the last time you thought about God's undeserved favor? If it's been awhile I suggest you do it. Sit and think about how far he's brought you. The joy will put you on your feet!💃🏾💃🏾
Photo by: Kai Bell